Thursday, November 15, 2012

Christmas Ornament

pretty little ornament standing 2012

I know! I’m sorry,twice in one day is a lot and I don’t like it either but what can I say.  The Outlawz Twisted Thursday challenge has just started and I want to share that with you so you wont miss it. This week the Twist is to make a project or a card using punches or die cuts. On my project I used punches, I created an ornament. I will try and walk you thru how I made it but I just took my punches out and this is what I got.  I decided to take a picture of the punches I used, I hope this will help you. I really have to tell you this is so easy to make it is unbelievable.

IMG_0173 

From the top left to the right, large green one is Marvy Uchida 3 1/2 inch can be scalloped or not (does not matter) punch 1, black one stampin up 1 1/4 scallop punch 1, stampin up ornament punch out 5 them in one color and punch 15 in another color , on the left is a company out of business but I wanted you to see the shape kind of leaf shape punch 5, Marvy Uchida 3/4 punch 1 and Marvy Uchida 1 inch punch 1.

This is what the back looks like. As far as colors you can use what ever color you want.

IMG_0175 

Punch out 1- 3 1/2 (or any large circle punch), Punch out 5- ornament glue (mine are green)them over the edges of your circle punch.

pretty little ornament 2012

now punch out 12 ornaments , 3 of them for each section. as you can see there are 5 sections and fold them in half.  Put one face down and glue the two other ones to each half of the flat ornament.  Now take the other sides that are not glued and glue them down in-between  the other 5 ornaments (mine are green) you already glued down. Punch out 5 of the punch that is kind of leaf shape and fold in half ( I cut the ends off that I inserted in the middle).  I have Tim Holtz Rosettes die cut so I made one rosette and used the 3/4 to hold the back and the 1 inch for the front. I found the snowman embellishment but you can add anything. I glued him to the 1 1/4 scalloped circle. The green material I had in my scraps you can use anything netting and folded it over and glued it in between . Add some Christmas ribbon to hang it up with.  

pretty little ornament sitting 2012

This is another one I started to make, I’m not quite finished with it yet but I did it the same way. I hope you are not totally confused now… If you try and make it and have problems let me know and I will help you or just email me and I will get right back to you.

IMG_0176

Have to go watch the kids tonight.  Kurt and Jessica have classes to go to but I will be back a lot later. I have great evening.

PATRICIA ST MARTIN - SIGNATURE

11 comments:

Anne Temple said...

These look amazing!

Penny said...

WOW, love this ornament! It was so sweet of you to include instructions for making it--just beautiful, Patricia! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Linda Palmer said...

Wow! These are beautiful Pat. Love what is going on with the gold one too. You did a fantastic job on both.
Love that green ribbon on the first one. Thanks for sharing.

Dr Sonia S V said...

You always come up with such unique and gorgeous products.I dont have the punches you used but I think I can adapt the idea--love it so much
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Gorgeous Patricia

jacqui x

Cathy Lee said...

Awesome and so creative, Patricia.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Anonymous said...

How clever, I love your pretty ornaments
Hugs Julie P

Sandy said...

Lord have mercy -- easy you say? Easy for you perhaps. Your ornaments are really fantastic and that cute snowman looks good enough to eat!!

Nannieflash said...

Wow Patricia that is stunning, I love the whole design of it and your layers look gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Jamie_G said...

Absolutely stunning!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

Amazing!,,,