Thursday, February 25, 2010

Links that form a chain of love. The Beauty that only God knows...



I just love doing cards like these. The ways of nature are endless and the beauty is everywhere and it is in all the way we can express it on paper. I thought I would share then with you. Look at your card and see where you are going to want your focal point, that is going to be you lightest area where your eye will look first. It is a good idea to have your card size a little bigger because when you are all done you will want to trim the edges of your card, gives it a clean finish. I used sponges on these cards. Always start with your lightest colors, blending softly, mostly take your time and get a good blend to the colors and then go on to your next colors just a little darker working toward your darkest color. Add your finishing touches the many different types grasses, tree branch, a silhouette. Any dye base ink works fine. This was done on matte paper. If you have a question let me know.

7 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

My jaw dropped! This is so incredibly stunning!!! it has to be framed!!! this is one of THE most beautiful nature cards I've ever seen..and I'm not kidding!
your blended sponging is perfect...

Payne Holler Cards said...

i was so excited ...I meant to be saying your "cards"....THEY are truly wonderful!! I couldnt give them away LOL...they would be framed and on a wall somewhere (-:

Marlene said...

This is beautiful.

Holly Young said...

Very pretty Patricia. I love the rich colors.

Colleen said...

so beautiful -great job!

Vicki said...

holy momma Patricia!!!!!! This is absolutely stunning!

HUGS,
Vicki

Janice said...

Patricia these are absolutely stunning!